Show the stories by topic
- Show all stories
- Having a relationship with an HIV-negative partner
- Telling people you are HIV-positive
- HIV and the law
- Taking your treatment - adherence
- namlife : an introduction
- Just found out you're HIV-positive?
- HIV, the basics
- Getting HIV treatment and care
- HIV treatment
- Symptoms and illnesses
- Mother-to-baby transmission of HIV
- Complementary therapies
- End of life issues
Share your story
If you would like to share your own story, please click here.
Here are a selection of personal stories that readers have shared with us. The stories cover a huge range of experiences from different people living with HIV in the last 21 years. You may find that people talk about issues which you are unlikely to encounter now, but which have nevertheless been experiences of people who are living with HIV today.
They are honest accounts that give a sense of the journey that people start on when they are diagnosed with HIV - the highs and lows. They also testify to the huge advances in science and treatment.
They’re not meant to be examples of what you should do, they just give an idea of how people have coped with the realities of day-to-day life with HIV.